Tuesday, February 14, 2006

More Egypt, I say

Near Hatchepsut Museum. Luxor, Egypt

Petra, Jordan- February 14th, 2006

So, here I am, in Jordan- updating with pictures of Egypt- a move so typical of me. I was always a little behind in class, if you know what I mean. I arrived here three days ago. After a quick jaunt through Wadi Rum(made famous by the film Lawrence of Arabia) including 2 nights in the desert, I've made my way here, to Petra. Haven't seen anything here yet, so that'll be later.

Jordan is much more expensive than Egypt- but not so bad, really. Guess I've been a bit spoiled- instead of falafel for 2o cents, I have to pay about 75 cents. Still, I always want the best deal. The people seem just as nice as the Egyptians and the desert is gorgeous. Three different color sands(at least) with mountains, canyons, and a few natural springs.

Anyway, here's some more pictures of Egypt. Enjoy.

Dive site: Moray Gardens. Its about a 20 minute ride in our taxi(the white truck above) and a great place for corals and fish. Its low season here in Dahab so the three other divers and I had the place pretty much to ourselves, save for a few Germans(what the f_ck is wrong with German people?). So so so so so nice.

This is Dahab, too. Red Sea is right there. Tide is out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chad great pictures happy valentines day hope your doing good mom said your not coming home till april now i hope to see you soon take care love sharon

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chad!Its Kyle And Sharon We LOVE all of the new pictures! We Hope You Are Doing Fine! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!Hope To See You Soon!! : )
Love Always:
Sharon & Kyle

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home