Friday, January 20, 2006

Tunisia- Revisited(again)

Djerba Island: A place to get busy doing nothing

Jordan and I went for a walk down to a pier on Djerba Island. Djerba Island is mentioned in the Odyssey as the place where Odysseus was waylaid by local women and lotus flowers. Didn't see any lotus flowers and the local women are Muslim- let's just leave it at that.
At any rate, lots of clay pots lying about tied down- possibly the ones that didn't sell. And a cuddly wittle kitten. Ouzhah Boo Boo!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chunder,

I'm sorry but my mind is still on the camel sores. Does Gold Bond cure them--I hope so. Also could you please comment on any recent camel fights you have witnessed. Amazing. Africa-camels, nubians, cute fuzy kittens and boy scouts, are we all really that different?

Thank you,
Tron

8:28 PM  
Blogger CHunkey said...

I guess we're all, like, the same people, man. They even, like, pick their noses and huck, like, huge loogies anywhere anytime.
I'd really like, like, to start a circle of people holding hands across this whole world- like a circle, around a globe. Its so, like, symbolic and poignant.
And I say the Mexicans and Chinese can be the ones underwater.

De Nada

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home