Friday, January 20, 2006

The Pyramids, Dude


I present: The Pyramids of Giza. Not the only Pyramids in this country, but the most popular. Not far out of the city, its amazing to see their silouhette behind the crazy buildings and driving of Cairo. There are three and they are all over 4500 years old. Bam!
Photos can't capture their magnificence. Even as a I stood by them(and even urinated on one's base) I could not believe their existence- but that's the closest I can come to describing the marvel. Here's some more photos anyway.

Jordan and I stayed past the "usual" time and as a result were witness to a sunset all by our damn selves- by the pyramids.

Don't miss the guard(doing what guards do) by the base. A little perspective for yous.

There's your sunset- did I mention that is was by the pyramids....of Egypt?!

And we shall not forget the Sphinx, located just down the hill from, you guessed it, The Pyramids!!

4 Comments:

Blogger mombok said...

Apparently those guards arem't even worth their weight in sand. Not only do they loaf around leaning for photo ops but they can't even keep foriegners from pissing all over the place.

5:23 PM  
Blogger CHunkey said...

God love 'em- a job fit for me. I'm so jealous.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lucky bastard! The Sphynx and the pyramids, What a dream! I can't believe you pissed on one -your a sick sick man,
xoxo deb

1:16 PM  
Blogger CHunkey said...

Desecrating ancient monuments has become a passion of mine. Frisbee in the Ampitheatre in El Jem; flash pictures in the tombs of Valley of the Kings; urine on the Pyramids of Giza. I think for my next act of disrespect, I will streak through Mecca.
Please alert Amnesty International now.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home