Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Jordan: A Tease and a Sneeze

A graveyard in Petra, Jordan- and the most sunshine I saw while I was there.

Tartus, Syria- Tuesday, February 22nd, 2006:

I'm on the Mediterannean Sea again and boy did I smell it when I got off the microbus. Nice to be back on the sea. As Syria's second port, Tartus seems to be a popular get away for local tourists. I'm just using it to see a castle dating back to the Crusades. More on that later.

Staying true to form this update will just touch on Jordan. Petra turned out to have good "sniffles" weather so I never saw the ruins. Rain, hail, and snow kept me indoors but I shall return to visit the site of Petra. Insha'alah, as they say in Arabic- it translates to, "if God wills it." We non-commital tourists just use it as way to say, "I hope" or "maybe"- especially when dealing with the salespeople and guides.


Syria is just a lovely country. So much ancient shiite here. The people are genuinely nice, too, once you get away from the tourist sharks. But I'll try to let the pictures do most of the talking- course I must have a touch of commentary to go along with.

Enjoy Syria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home