Monday, December 26, 2005

Tunisia Entry- Finally



December 26, 2006: Gabès, Tunisia

Had yourself a merry little Christmas, I hope. This kid had the Muslim kind. Dark, sinister, punctuated by Arabic music videos and bad soccer. Throw in loud coughing of the phlegm prayers at 6am and four more times throughout the day- and its a yuletide I probably won;t forget. Santa is a tall, dark dude, with no beard, that sits around a cafè smoking cigarettes and drinking cafè all day. I knew it all these years, the fake....

People laugh at me and Jordan all the time. They refer to my bearded friend as §Ali Baba§ but I think my name when translated to Arabic means something much more insulting like, § I wipe with my right §. I!m in the land of delicious mint tea, juicy sneezes, and messed up keyboards(maybe you;ve noticed the symbols?). And now this whole paragraph is double spaced- I should go soon.
I;ll write more when I can- internet is a luxury here. Happy New Year to all of yous- hope you like the Boy Scouts of Tunisia- friendliest people so far.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chad merry christmas hope you had a good one nad happy new year hope everything is all right and having a good time hope to see you soon love sharon

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chad didn't know if my first message would work but it did love all your pictures and commetts you look good and seem to be happy went to moms for xmas and jay called he seems really happy to wasn't the same with out you two there your truck is fine its been moving alot in and out of the drive way because of two big snow storm take care love you sharon

10:52 PM  
Blogger CHunkey said...

Hi Sharon,
Thanks for leaving a message. Yeah, sorry I missed you and the kids but it was good at least to talk with mom and Leigh. Glad you guys had fun- and thanks for taking care of the truck.
Keep checking the blog.
love
CHad

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home