Monday, March 06, 2006

The Dead Sea

On the last day of my visit in Petra I went to the Dead Sea- the body of water between Israel and Jordan. It is a beautiful place even with all of the trash on the beach. Its so salty that its hard to swim because you float like a cork. This makes it easy to do all sorts of things that you can't do in other waters, such as, putting your feet and hands above the surface! When I was in 5 feet of water I couldn't touch the bottom as a result of this super buoancy.
The salt is like battery acid in the eyes, however, and I found this out. Good thing I had bottled water on hand to rinse out the pain.





The Dead Sea. Notice the white crust on the rocks from the salt accumulation from the water. Notice the Arab style haircut, too. Can you say, "cropped"?




Here's the proof. All limbs(and head, mind you) above the surface. Jesus may have walked on it- but I'm just a little lazier, I guess. The water leaves this nasty oil on your skin. Very bizarre.







The mud is supposed to have medicinal qualities. All it really seemed to do for me is to make me appear more CaveManish.

2 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

hey there chad....wowowowowowow...is all i can type about petra....now i am jealous :) glad to see you are still having a blast on the road...things in the states just make me want to hit the road again :) imagine....hope all is well...hi to erika...talk soon...peace out...dani

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bro where have you been your looking good hope your coming home soon everybody says hi well take care i'm off to ryans game today

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home