Friday, April 14, 2006

I'm BAAAACK!!!!(The Church of the Holy Sepulchre)

Went across the Jordan/Israel border in my own coach bus. Not the limo I expected but it definitely showed Israel's goodwill toward Americans.

Friday,April 14th, 2006:

Well, I'm back at home, in the States. Hard to believe that whole crazy trip is finished. Good news, however, another crazy trip is always starting.... Today, I took a trip down to the basement of my Mom's house. There was lots of cleaning to do in a dungeon-like environment. Cobwebs, fungus, and mouse nests all greeted me with tender charm. I must have ran up and down the stairs with arms full of mildewy boxes a thousand times. Yeee-hah!
Anyway, it was bout time for an update so here it is. Jerusalem.


Inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the supposed place of Jesus' burial. The tomb is nearby and you can walk in and see A tomb, NOT the tomb of Jesus. I also visited the Garden Tomb, which is more likely to be the place of the tomb for large reasons... but this one is inside the walled city and attracts pilgrims from all over the world.

The Holy Sepulchre: Here is a picture of the building built over the place where some believe Jesus was buried AND the larger structure built over that(the Church).

Another shot of some part of this Church.


And here's a bad picture of the stone slab(lower left, with people kneeling before it) that Jesus was laid upon after he had died. Many people come to this and cry and kiss it.

And here's one that kind of makes it look like Jesus has a disco ball head, but in reality its a mosaic, on a wall, and that's a hanging lantern partially covering His face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home