Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Dahab, A Tribute(continued)....




The Venus shop, Emad's shop. Mohammed is sitting on the left. Emad is not in this picture.



Last but not least we have two of the best friends I have made on my travels. These are the guys I hung out with the most out of all in Dahab.




Here's a blurry one of Emad(on right), owner of Venus, and Mohammed(behind at left). I saw Emad almost every day I spent in Dahab in fact, I maybe missed 2 days total. He may look quiet and sweet but he has a blood lust for chess. I sat many an hour with Emad and others playing game after game- while sipping on chai(tea) or hot ganzabil(ginger tea). For only learning chess 9 months before Emad is extremely good. Crafty, is the word. We had some good battles... and were well matched. I have been in contact with Emad since the bombings, and he is okay, I am happy to say.



And then there's Ibrahim. The restaurant soliciter extrodinaire. He spends most of his day talking with the tourists who walk by the Oxford Restaraunt and will remember their names, nationalities, as well as their promises to come back and eat for the whole time that they stay in Dahab! He is a sweet, a sincere, and a goofy guy who breaks the mold for many of the 23 year old males in the world.
I am very happy to report that Ibrahim has lived through the second bombing in his city of residence. The first was in Sharm el Sheikh last year. He must have an Angel looking out for him. Well, I hope he will have continued luck in his life, if it is only when he truly needs it.


And here's me manhandling Ibrahim, like the little brother he is.














Here's the tea shop battle: Chad against Emad- and Chad came out on top in this one. HAH!!! Ibrahim and Mohammed are there for all the shit-talking that they can handle. Sicilian Defense comes through!!
Its okay, after the match we went to a bar and I proceeded to lose four games of Ping Pong to Emad, so he got some revenge. Then we all danced to a generic DJ. That was my last night in Dahab. It was tough to leave but I'm glad those guys are still there.

Ahoya min ohm tanya(brother from another mother), that's what I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

hey there chad...just wanted to say welcome back...your trips looks like it was amazing and love the stories...glad to hear friends from dahab are well...big hugs to you and miss erika...drop a line when you can...miss your smiling face :) peace out....

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home